Grow Your Business
A phone call starts the process to stop worrying about cash flow, so you have more time to...
- Visit clients: When was the last time you visited your five biggest clients? How much time do you spend with them?
- Marketing: The internet plays a vital role in businesses. Have you updated your web site lately? Are you proud of it? If a prospect searches using your trade's main keywords, do you show up in the first page? Do you have a blog relating to your expertise?
- Open new accounts: Can you improve the way you sell? When was the last time you (and your sales team) took a sales course? Do you and the team regularly rehearse your "closing"?
- Improve customer service for your current clients: What is their main complaint about your services? Do you have a system to "hear" their complaints?
- Investigate providing more solutions for your customers: Meet with customers on a regular basis. Since they already trust you, find out what else you can do for them.
In short, having the cash frees time so you can focus on growing your business instead of juggling cash flow. This change in focus — what you think and do every day — will have an exponential effect on the long-term future and income of your company.
If you have growth opportunities but you never "get to them" because you have too much month left after the last dollar, contact us.